- Getting Started Overview (PDF)
- Testing Policies (PDF)
- Order Form (PDF)
- Order Insignias (PDF)
- Program FAQs (PDF)
- Auto Task List (PDF)
- Collision Task List (PDF)
- Truck Task List (PDF)
- Maintenance and Light Repair (PDF)
- Sample Questions (PDF)
- Sample Certificate (PDF)
- User Manual (PDF)
- Interpreting Results and Technical Data (PDF)
ASE PRIVACY AND DATA USAGE POLICY
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY.
Personally identifiable information is information that identifies a specific person, such as name or home address. ASE’s general policy on the release of personally identifiable information (PII) that is collected as part of the ASE Student certification program is that it will not provide such information to a third party without the consent of the individual (or, in the case of an individual under age 18, the consent of a parent or legal guardian). However, ASE may share PII as follows, as allowed by applicable laws:
- ASE will share PII with its affiliate companies, the National Automotive Technicians’ Education Foundation (NATEF), Automotive Youth Educational Systems (AYES), and the Automotive Training Managers’ Council (ATMC). Affiliated companies provide services to ASE that are essential for ASE to provide testing services, and affiliates will use PII only in the same ways ASE can in accordance with this policy.
- ASE may provide PII to a state agency, school district, or school, where that party has paid the fee for the individual to take the assessment. This PII may include linking information relating to ASE assessments with information relating to ASE programs such as ASE certification testing.
- At the request of a school or other organization qualified to receive data as disclosed above, and in the discretion of ASE and its affiliate companies, ASE may choose to release data including PII to third parties providing certain data analysis, research, or administrative or educational support services to such school or organization. In such cases, the third party must provide a written description of the services it provides to the school or organization and sign a confidentiality agreement.
- ASE may enter into contracts with third parties to perform functions on its behalf, which may include assisting it in processing PII. These parties are contractually required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are restricted from using the information for any purposes other than performance of those functions.
- ASE may provide PII as required or allowed by operation of law, or to protect the health and safety of its customers or others.
ASE is committed to providing users of ASE websites with a safe and secure environment in which to view, transmit and receive electronic information. ASE uses reasonable efforts to ensure the information you provide remains private, and will attempt to ensure that the information is used only for the purposes stated below.
Information Collected About You
We collect personal information from you only if you voluntarily give it to us. We may collect personal information to fulfill your requests, for our internal business purposes, to communicate with you upon your request or after your visit to the Site, or in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on the Site.
We may collect non-personal information through the use of either “cookie” technology, IP address tracking or both. Non-personal information is information that does not identify you personally and might include the browser you use, the type of computer, the operating systems, the Internet service providers and other similar information. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your hard drive, not on the Site. Cookies allow us to personalize your experience at the Site by automatically gathering information about the areas you visit on our Site and about the links you may select from within our Site to other areas of the World Wide Web or elsewhere online.
We may use such information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site. This allows us to know which areas of our Site are favorites of our users, which areas need improvement, and what technologies are being used so that we may continually improve our Site.
Your Right to Choose
Any information that we collect from you through the Site is information that you specifically and voluntarily provide. You may choose not to provide any or all of the information that is requested through the Site. By so choosing, however, you may limit your ability to use the Site. In the event that you no longer want us to process or utilize your information, please contact us using the “Contact Us” form on the Site and inform us of this choice.
Sharing Your Information
The Security of Your Information
We strive to protect the privacy of the information that you share with us. We have undertaken reasonable efforts to implement security measures designed to protect all data we collect against unauthorized access. We utilize the industry standard security measures available through your browser, so that it is unlikely that your information can be read as it travels over the Internet. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the information that you submit to us via the Site and you do so at your own risk. Since the Internet is a global environment, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be transferred to other countries around the world.
Your Questions and Comments
We invite you to learn more about us. Please contact us for questions or comments